The Town of Barnstable invites Civic Associations and Nonprofits to submit an application for a 2021 Tourism Mini-Grant.
The Tourism Mini-Grant Program is designed to aid our seven villages in promoting new or existing events and festivals to draw visitors to our town and villages. All civic associations and nonprofit organizations that are marketing village events to visitors and/or providing visitor services are eligible and encouraged to apply.
These grants are available up to a maximum of $1,000 per applicant, and require one-to-one matching funds.
All applications must be submitted to the Town of Barnstable on or before 11:59 pm, Monday March 1, 2021. Grants will be awarded on or before March 31, 2021. The link to the application and complete rules and guidelines is provided here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/TownOfBarnstable1/_2021TownOfBarnstableTourismMiniGrants
For more information, or if you have questions about the application process, please contact Gloria McPherson, Planning & Economic Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism Mini-Grant Program Rules & Guidelines
- All civic associations and nonprofit organizations that are marketing village events to visitors and/or providing visitor services are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- Grants will be awarded to promote and market new and/or existing special events and festivals within Barnstable’s seven villages that draw visitors to Barnstable.
- Projects must complement or expand the Town of Barnstable’s overall mission of attracting new and repeat visitors to the town.
- Mini-Grant projects should include, but not be limited to, placement and production of advertising to attract visitors to the region.
- Grant funds cannot be used for staff, administration, operations, and travel or entertainment purposes.
- Matching funds are required on a one-for-one basis for grants.
- Applications must be for the primary benefit of the Town of Barnstable. Mini-Grant funds used for any other purpose will be revoked.
- Applicants must demonstrate their ability to develop, market, distribute and account for all advertising products.
- The Town of Barnstable MUST APPROVE ALL PROJECTS PRIOR TO THEIR EXECUTION. Failure to submit projects for prior approval will result in revocation of the Mini-Grant funds.
- All projects must include the Town of Barnstable Seal.
- Grant request deadline is March 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
- Grants will be awarded on or before March 31, 2021.
- Successful applicants, must, within seven (7) days of being awarded a mini-grant, respond in writing that they are accepting the amount awarded and have read and understood all terms and conditions set forth in the guidelines and will abide by these terms and conditions.
- Projects must be completed by the end of 2021.
The Town of Barnstable’s Economic Development Program offers assistance and guidance to existing and prospective businesses through the efforts of staff and collaborative community partnerships. More information about the program can be found here.